Here are my guidelines:
• Swimsuit: I LOVE mixing and not-matching. But when you're out shopping for swimsuits in sets, Opt for brightly colored ones, especially pinks. The bright colors will give you a nice glow and make you look a few shades tanner than you really are. And when you're tan - you look skinnier. It's a win-win. And please, I beg you, steer clear of anything zebra print.
• A classic plain black swimsuit is a staple in my closet - as it's a perfect go-to. And if I could look like Adriana Lima in my black swimsuit that would be great too. Thanks.
• Hair: Free flowing with a headband - braids - or even a cute topknot. Nothing too fancy. Remember: You're at the pool to relax and have a good time.
• Makeup: I don't wear any makeup to the pool, but if that scares you - throw on some waterproof mascara. (Diorshow Iconic Supreme is the absolute best) Don't go to the pool in full makeup, please, it screams "trying too hard" - especially to guys. Let your hair down and embrace your gorgeous features. Trust me, a tan on the face works wonders.
• Nails: Bright! Always bright!
• Cover-ups: Keep it simple with cover-ups, but don't look sloppy. I always wear something loose - One of my favorites is an off-the-shoulder H&M linen over-sized sweater. Sometimes I'll do a pair of white cutoffs with a denim button down, worn open. Or all white. Something about white clothes and the pool just make me super happy. And if you haven't heard of Stone Cold Fox - you have to check it out, it's beautiful.
• Hats: Hats are so chic, and they block out the sun when you want to read a book or have a conversation without squinting. My favorite is from J.Crew!
• Jewelry: If you plan on swimming - I say no jewelry. If you plan on laying out and socializing - I say super cute stud earrings. And. That's. It.
• Shoes: Courtney Kerr has been my knight in shining armor with vocalizing this.. No heels with your swimsuit. Wedges are a perfect match, and so are cute sandals. Just stay away from those $1 foam flip flops. Favorites:
What I keep in my bag:
• MAC 'Mineralize' Charged Water (Face Mist)
• FIJI Water Bottle (Extra large, of course)
• Wintergreen Gum (My favorite!)
• Almond snack packs (for boost of energy)
• The latest Elle or Vogue
• Banana Boat Spray Mist Sunscreen
• MAC Sheen Supreme in Blossom Culture
• PINK Body Mist from Victoria's Secret
What are some of your favorite pool must-haves that I should try??
Let me know!